July 15, 2026: Gmaps for Learning and More
Did you know...?
Exploring Google Maps and seeing how it can be used for learning reminded me of how digital platforms and social media can be repurposed in so many creative ways. That is essentially what this class is about: showcasing the many ways learning can be facilitated and enhanced through mainstream platforms like YouTube and Instagram, collaborative brainstorming tools like Miro and Padlet, and co-creation and sharing platforms such as Pinterest and Flickr.
I made this connection when my friends shared their Google My Maps with me while we were planning our trip to Chicago. I thought it was such a creative idea! Before that, I had only thought of Google Maps as a navigation app and never realized it could be used as a collaborative planning tool.
Google Maps can be used to organize an entire trip. You can save attractions, restaurants, parks, local shops, and other places you do not want to miss into custom lists. You can also drop pins, add notes, and create custom routes, making it easy to visualize your itinerary.
One feature I especially like is the ability to download maps for offline use. This allows you to navigate even without a reliable internet connection, which is especially helpful when traveling abroad or visiting areas with limited service. It can also help tourists save on mobile data. Overall, Google Maps is a great example of how a tool designed for one primary purpose can be adapted into a resource for collaboration, planning, and learning.
Comments
Post a Comment